Thursday, September 3, 2015

About Anil

Hi I am Anil,

I am a brand new Lecturer at the University of Essex, where I did an LLM in International Trade Law and a PhD in international investment law. I cannot seem to be getting enough of Essex, as after a year working at the University of Brighton, I found myself back at Essex.

So, I never actually studied human rights at Essex. I only studied human rights law as part of my undergraduate law degree in Turkey. Somehow I ended up as part of the Essex Human Rights Mafia. Probably because of my interest in human rights law and the fact that I have been working on human rights and business alongside the amazing Sheldon Leader for the past 4 years.

My research is on international investment law, business and human rights and corporate law. Corporate law fascinates me as much as human rights law, so in my academic work I try to find the right balance between the interests of different stakeholders (e.g. shareholders v communities).

I don't know which super hero I should choose.. I leave that choice to Tara..

2 comments:

  1. Wait - only Sheldon is amazing??

    Also, I think you should be ... Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) and of course the amazing Tara Van Ho!

    ReplyDelete