Wednesday, September 2, 2015

About Tara Van Ho



Hi, I'm Tara.

I'm a post-doc researcher at the University of Aarhus's INTRAlaw Centre.  My PhD was on the intersection of international investment law and transitional justice.  My post-doc research is adding to that issues of armed conflict and business & human rights.  Because these issues actually raise up a whole host of other issues, I have pretty diverse interests within international human rights law, which, in addition to everything above, includes issues of torture, freedom of religion, right to remedy, women's rights, minority rights, indigenous rights, and human rights and development. 

Here are the three most important things to know about me:

1. I'm a US citizen, which is not true of all the authors here. I put this right up front because (a) it influences the way I see the world, and (b) my focus at times has been on issues of human rights in the US, particularly the war on terror and our torture policies.

2. I'm a lawyer. I'm licensed in both US state and federal courts. I'm not licensed before the US Supreme Court. Again, this influences the way I see the world.

3. I did my LLM in international human rights law at Essex as well as my PhD. 

As for my Justice League character, you might think I'd go Wonder Woman, but I'm actually more of a fan of The Flash. I've always wanted the power to time travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment